Re: Access request to Salsa webml project

Hello Grégoire,

Am 20.01.20 um 08:20 schrieb Grégoire Scano:
> Dear members of the www list,
>
> I am currently helping the l10n-fr team carry out the translation of old
> (2017) DLA pages and would like to push my translations to the
> repository after they have been reviewed by the translation team. Could
> it be possible to be a member of the project or to have write access to
> the french/lts/security/2017 path in the webwml repo ?

you are very welcome to collaborate within the webwml people.

But for this you don't need direct and immediately commit access on the
project on Salsa. Salsa is "just" a GitLab installation done by Debian
people. So it's really easy to create a local branch on your side, work
on the things and push the changes into your Salsa namespace and start a
pull request afterwards.

This way a o lot of other contributors are promoting their work, even
Debian Developers working this way. I suggest you to do the same.
Given people access to the repository means also we have a lot of trust
into these people, it's possible that errors happen accidentally and
restoring the status quo would take some time. Most of the mainly
working people with all the required knowledge to fix up things quickly
 aren't around all the time.

--
Regards
Carsten Schoenert