Re: Firefox ESR with NPAPI

First of all, this mailing list is specifically for issues with Debian's website (which this isn't, not really).  I reccomend emailing debian-user in the
future, as that list is specialized for users of Debian.

> could you send me this version of firefox? (firefox-esr_52.8.1esr-
> 1_deb8u1_arm64.deb) I always downloaded it from the link below (it was
> even saved in my favorites).:
> https://packages.debian.org/jessie/arm64/firefox-esr/download
> firefox-esr_52.8.1esr-1_deb8u1_arm64.deb

It looks like what happened was Jessie got a LTS (long term service)
update, which caused them to drop ARM support in Jesse.

> However the Url is no longer valid and I don't have any copies of this
> package, and I can't find it anywhere on the internet either. I need
> this package because it is one of the latest versions that support
> NPAPI. If you can make the file available to me, I will save it in the
> cloud (so you don't risk losing this rare file).

I highly recomend migrating away from NPAPI. It has been deprecated since
2013, and is a significant security risk.

However, since you likley can't, you can find old releases of debian on
archive.debian.org.  In this case, the link
"http://archive.debian.org/debian-security/pool/updates/main/f/firefox-esr/";
has the .deb you are looking for.

Addtionally, there is a newer version of firefox-esr (still in the 52.x
esr branch), 52.9.0.  It should still support NPAPI, but it contains
several security fixes. That can be found at this link
"http://archive.debian.org/debian-security/pool/updates/main/f/firefox-esr/";.

> Thanks for the help.
No problem.

Calum