Re: Checksum

Hello Saleh,

Am 07.10.20 um 05:13 schrieb Saleh DP:
> Hi,
>
> I had a bad day trying to find the link to checksum file of your netinst
> .iso file on:
> debian.org/distrib/netinst <http://debian.org/distrib/netinst>
> where there SUPPOSED to be a link to that!

you are unfortunately right on this.
You can find the various checksums for that specific and other .iso
files if you jump to the containing folder that is linked for the .iso file.

https://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/amd64/iso-cd/

You will find checksum files containing the md5sums, sha1sums,
sha256sums and sha512sums.

> There should be at least a link to list of checksum files on TECHNICAL
> "verify" guidance, but there is not any either!

If you following the link from above you will find the following question:

> How can I verify my download is correct and exactly what has been created by Debian?

The answer is holding a link where some information on verifying is given.

https://www.debian.org/CD/verify

--
Regards
Carsten Schoenert