Re: Wrong version of Chinese release note for jessie/stretch on website?

Hello all

El 1/6/20 a las 21:06, Boyuan Yang escribió:
> Dear debian-www members,
>
> I heard of some discussion on debian-chinese-gb mailing list [1] that current
> translated release notes (in Chinese) for Jessie and Stretch are not correct.
>
> As you can see in [2] and [3], these are all release notes for Buster, not
> jessie or stretch.
>
> I haven't verify whether other languages are affected but this looks
> worthwhile to get fixed. Where should I start to debug this issue?

Thanks for caring, Boyuan.

Indeed, other languages are also affected. I have checked:

* The txt files of release-notes of jessie in releases/jessie/amd64
folder in www-master.debian.org: there are files built on 2020-06-01 for
some languages, showing Debian 8, and some files built on 2020-06-15 (or
16, or 17), showing Debian 10.

* For mips64el architecture, all the files were built on June 2019, and
containing the wrong release notes (Debian 10).

The release notes are built in a cron job, the script can be found in
the cron repo:

https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/cron

in particular:
https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/cron/-/blob/master/parts/7release-notes

The "jessie" branch of the release notes is here:

https://salsa.debian.org/ddp-team/release-notes/-/tree/jessie

and the build logs are here:

https://www-master.debian.org/build-logs/webwml/

I couldn't have time to look at the code nor the logs yet :/
If you figure out the solution and need somebody with permissions in
www-master to do something, ping (in the list or in #debian-www irc
channel) and I'll try to act as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona