Re: Organization pronouns for Community Team

Hi

El 16 de abril de 2020 0:05:36 CEST, Luke W Faraone <lfaraone@debian.org> escribió:
>Hi,
>
>I am seeking to update the Community Team section[1] to include member
>pronouns. I'm non-binary and use they/them, and wanted to make the
>team's diversity a little more clear.
>
>I note we already have tags for ``<delegate_{fe,}male>``, I assume to
>allow for localisation in gendered languages. English, of course, we
>lack such distinction.
>
>I suspect changing the English default for all delegates to be something
>like ``(delegate, he/him)`` would be a bad choice for a number of
>reasons, principally that it'd be a lot of effort to ensure it's 100%
>accurate, and secondarily because I don't immediately want to push for
>the potentially more controversial change. (Doing this for CT is
>something we have agreed upon.)
>
>In any case, we'd need to create new tags for pronouns anyways, for
>non-delegates.
>
>Is the right answer to just create new tags for the combination?
>
>tag                   English text
>=================     =====================
>delegate_hehim        (delegate; he/him)
>delegate_sheher       (delegate; she/her)
>delegate_theythem     (delegate; they/them)
>hehim                 (he/him)
>sheher                (she/her)
>theythem              (they/them)

I think it is a good proposal. People can switch to it or keep the current ones as they wish.

The tags should be created in the file /english/intro/organization.data

Then we need to update the language templates as it is explained in /english/po/README and then translators can update their templates and translate the new tags, if needed.

I can do it during tomorrow Thursday if nobody beats me to it.

Kind regards,

--
Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona