Re: packages.d.o: gcc package search is resulting in "Your keyword was too generic"

Hello Michael,

Am 13.06.19 um 16:35 schrieb Michael Kesper:

[snip]

> I think packages.d.o. could be a little bit smarter here.
> We _know_ for a fact that stretch-backports is a "backport" of a "distribution version".
> So if we don't find it there, point to another distribution version?

there are a lot of possibilities, some of them are useful some probably not.
I wont hold back someone who is willing to have a look at all to improve
the search of course. ;) But I'm not the one who will do anything here,
no knowledge nor time to do so. I also wont have currently any interest
to look into the code and as I see it's mostly Perl, so I'm out at all. :)

> I did not look at the code yet (there's also no pointer on that site where we can
> find that).

Have you looked into the footer?

https://packages.debian.org/about/

There is all listed you want to know I'd say.

--
Regards
Carsten Schoenert