Re: HTML4 --> HTML5

在 2019-01-27日的 14:07 -0500,David Côté-Tremblay写道:
> I think that if people are volunteer to make website HTML5 compliant then go
> for it, but for a good reason specifically.
>
> HTML5 is not going anywhere soon and contains lots of new document semantic
> tags that would help to make the website accessible to blind people and
> such.
>
> Everything can be of course kept as-it, just with enhanced semantic
> structure and better accessibility (and latest version of HTML5).
>
> So yes it is a huge utility for blind people between-other.

As a part-time contributor on the website source code, I'm 100% welcome on any
efforts that make current Debian website HTML5-compliant. I'd like to say
"patches welcome" but before that we should make it very clear that what
problem are we going to solve. It could be making the website mobile-friendly,
more sematic, with better accessibility or simply HTML5-grammar-compliant --
either of them is absolutely okay, but at least we should set up such a goal
first.

The source code is always available online [1]. If you do have any idea,
please take a look at the source code and see what can be improved.

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/webwml

--
Regards,
Boyuan Yang