Dealing with the spam on the debian-www list

Hey folks,

I know I'm not the only one getting sick of the moron spammers
flooding this mailing list. There's so much garbage from so many
idiots that it's a struggle to filter them out effectively.

So, I've spoken to the listmaster team about making this list
"moderated" rather than "open". What does that mean? Mails from
subscribers would go through to the list; mails from non-subscribers
would be held back for moderation by humans. We'd need some
responsible people to act as moderators, and I volunteer to help
here. Carsten also volunteered on IRC, and I'm thinking a third person
would be enough to give us good coverage.

We don't have *very* much genuine traffic on the list - a quick skim
through the archives from the last few months shows the following
*rough* count:

                       ham       spam
September 2019          48         27
October 2019            62         19
November 2019           75         17
December 2019 (so far)  33         23

What do you think? Is this the right thing to do?

Who needs computer imagery when you've got Brian Blessed?