Re: changing merge method for merge requests on Salsa

On Tue, 12 Nov 2019 07:49:26 +0100,
Carsten Schoenert<c.schoenert@t-online.de> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'd like to ask if any body has objections if we'd change the current
>behavior for the merge method?
>
>The current setting is to do "Merge commits".
>I'd like to change this to "Fast-forward merge".
>
>Section Merge-Requests
>https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/webwml/edit
>
>In the end the commits and the modifications are the same, except the
>commit history is a bit more "clean" as if possible there is no
>dedicated merge commit made.
>
>Sometimes this would be the wanted behavior, but this isn't really
>needed within the webwml repo I believe.

+1

When I have handled merge requests in the webwml Salsa, I have done it
"by hand" in the terminal, instead of using the Gitlab interface, just
to avoid the ugly Merge commits.

-- Andreas Rönnquist
mailinglists@gusnan.se
andreas@ronnquist.net