Future of MoinMoin (Wiki) - EOL of Python 2.7 and lacking Progress in development of MoinMoin 2

Hi everyone,

since the end of life of Python 2.7 is coming and MoinMoin itself isn’t seeing much of development lately, I was wondering what the stance of the team behind the debian wiki is regarding the future use of MoinMoin in it’s current state.

Are there any Plans to migrate to something else (like MediaWiki), to maintain and develop MoinMoin (1.X) yourself or migrating to (currently marked as not production ready) MoinMoin2 ?

This is something of importance for our own operation since we are currently discussing the future of our own wiki installation.

Thank you in advance,

I would love to be informed about the upcoming plans.

Max-Immanuel Appel