Re: [Design-devel] issues with the website homepage banner (Theme futurePrototype)

Hello Jonas,

Am 10.07.19 um 19:12 schrieb Jonas Smedegaard:
>> Amazing facelift of the front page.  Congratulations to the web team
>> for that!
>
> Looking a bit closer, I think I spotted an issue - and not knowing where
> to target those I dare simply respond here...:
>
> First slide of the slideshow says "Debian Installer - Calamaris", but it
> seems to be neither (the official) Debian Installer nor the logfile
> analyzer Calamaris, but instead the non-Debian-default distribution
> installed "Calamares" - with an "e".
>
> If just a mockup that won't risk getting published as-is, then I
> apologize for my needless nitpicking.

more or less the slideshow is a mockup that was spinning in my mind
while working on the new site structure to keep both sides of columns at
an about same height.

I guess we haven't found a general decision about this. My announcement
on the list hasn't got any feedback unfortunately.

https://lists.debian.org/debian-www/2019/05/msg00021.html

I agree with you we should in a first place focus on Debian specific
things in sich a slideshow, but I haven't found any pis with a good
aspect ratio and Debian related contend and "just" needed 4 graphics. So
the Calamares thin got in as highvoltage has posted a blog post juts
before I was working on this.

--
Regards
Carsten Schoenert