Re: Pricing Page on debian.org

Hi Bagas,

On 04.07.19 05:46, Bagas Sanjaya wrote:
> Many people wonder whether Debian is free (as in free bear) or not. Thus, I proposed adding link to Pricing page into navigation menu of debian.org. As Debian is free to download without cost, the content of pricing page should be like below:
>
> Debian is free, free in the sense of free bear and freedom. However, there are ISP costs if you obtain Debian from HTTP
> (either via network install or downloading ISO images), or if you buy Debian CD/DVD from vendors, the price of CD/DVD.

I'm somewhat sympathetic to the general idea.

I'd point out on such a page, though that
- Debian can't only be used free of cost ("free beer") but also
  that it is free in the sense of free software: you can use, study, share and improve it as you like.
- Though there are only marginal costs for you (CD/network), there are real costs for Debian infrastructure
  and it contains the work of many people

Best wishes
Michael