Re: packages.d.o: gcc package search is resulting in "Your keyword was too generic"

Carsten Schoenert wrote:
Hello Phil,

Am 13.06.19 um 16:14 schrieb Phil Endecott:
So the output of the search is mostly correct.

I disagree; "Your keyword was too generic" suggests that there must be
thousands of packages matching the search term, not zero.

well, than you didn't have clicked on the link that is embedded in the
answer from the search engine.

  https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=gcc

And yes, there are 'thousands' ... :)

I did see that link, labelled "Some", but it removes the backports-only filter,
so it's no longer the search that I wanted - packages matching "gcc" in backports.

But this doesn't matter if you're not the right people to fix it.

BTW Carsten, my direct email to you bounces with a useless error message:
"A problem occurred. (Ask your postmaster for help or to contact
tosa@rx.t-online.de to clarify.)".  But I guess that wouldn't be the
right email address.

Regards, Phil.