Re: Sponsored banner for planet.debian.org

On Sat, Jun 8, 2019 at 2:46 PM Carsten Schoenert wrote:

> I've read the email for and back and in the end it wasn't looking to me
> like the typical "offers" that are mostly auto-generated. A better auto
> detection of spam would be really helpful.

The latest generation of spammers are quite hard to detect even for a
human, I've certainly fallen for them on Debian lists before, I find
the way to detect them is to use the knowledge that Debian is not a
company and doesn't do sponsored advertising (except at DebConf) to
ignore them. Usually valid companies will know that info and not
contact the website team for sponsored advertising.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise