Re: RFA: www.debian.org/misc/merchandise

Hi Thorsten

El 21/3/19 a las 22:37, Thorsten Alteholz escribió:

> On Thu, 21 Mar 2019, Laura Arjona Reina wrote:
>> This is a call for help, or request for "adoption": would anybody
>> volunteer to this task?
>
> this sounds like an interesting task, so what can I do?

Thanks for your interest!

1.- You would be added to the events@debian.org alias, and when you
receive a request related to the web page
www.debian.org/misc/merchandise, you just process it :-)

2.- I would add a new tag in
https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/webwml/blob/master/english/misc/merchandise.def

to show the date of last review/update of each item of the list of
merchandise vendors.

3.- Then you would review each item listed in
https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/webwml/blob/master/english/misc/merchandise.data

checking that the info is correct, updating if not, and adding the date
of review to be shown publicly.

Once the initial review is done, I guess the maintenance work will be
light (upon requests, and checking the items that are more than 1-2
years old since last review).

4.- Finally, we could work on the open bugs about merchandise:

#613832: Debian sister association in the merchandise page
#833661: Arrange companies by continent on merchandise page

and have a look at the related wiki page
https://wiki.debian.org/Merchandise ensuring that the info is consistent
among the two pages (e.g. removing duplicates etc).

If you agree, just tell and I'll take care about items 1 and 2, so you
could start with 3 and 4 as soon as you like.

Thanks!
--
Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona