udev problem?

Gentlemen,
  The process of learning to use udev would have been MUCH easier if the web page 9.11.3 had mentioned the need to include at least on entry from the device fields. I tried many times but until I chose an entry from the device field I didn't get what I wanted.
thanks
Stuart

--
Addressee is the intended audience.
If you are not the addressee then my consent is not given for you to read this email furthermore it is my wish you would close this without saving or reading, and cease and desist from saving or opening my private correspondence.