Re: Unable to create account

On Mon, Dec 24, 2018 at 10:36 PM Wouter Verhelst wrote:

> Are you sure that's the right thing to do?

Definitely.

>They sounded like regular spammers to me...

Looking at RecentChanges they only made one change:

https://wiki.debian.org/RecentChanges?max_days=90
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianHosting?action=diff&rev1=376&rev2=377

It doesn't look like spam to me given the context and the other entries.

Personally I think that this page needs to be completely rewritten
based on facts instead of marketing information and then moved to a
subsection of the "Getting Debian" page on the website, similar to how
we have third-party commercial consultants, CD vendors and
pre-installers on the website. I'm also not really happy that Debian
prioritises giant cloud providers like Amazon over smaller ones like
this company.

https://www.debian.org/distrib/
https://www.debian.org/consultants/
https://www.debian.org/CD/vendors/