Re: Web team sprint in Madrid (April 2018)?

On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 11:03:19PM +0100, Laura Arjona Reina wrote:
>Hi all
>
>Alioth's shutdown is approaching and the task of migrating the website
>from CVS to Git (Bug #845297) is still unfinished.
>
>https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=845297
>
>I'm planning to put more time in the git-cvs conversion, but I think I
>have not the required skills for the other task (adapt the Perl scripts
>so they handle git commits instead of cvs version numbers to support all
>the translation workflow).
>
>However, maybe I can make easier for other web team members to put time
>and their skills on that.
>
>Hence I'm proposing a web team sprint here in my place in Madrid.
>
>Details, for now:
>
>* Topic and goal: Try to finish Bug #845297 (Debian Website CVS -> Git
>transition)
>* Date: a weekend in April/May (I would prefer April so we have more
>time for tests/deployment until Alioth shuts down in end May)
>* List of participants: ??
>* Location: Madrid (Spain). If we are a small group (less than 5
>people), I can offer my place for work and meals (and maybe
>accommodation for one/two persons). I will explore possibilities for the
>case we are more. I can also help to search hotel accommodation if it's
>needed.
>* Estimate travel costs: we can estimate once we know participants and
>where do they come from.

Much the same as pabs, I'm interested in doing stuff but I can't
really commit to travel in April/May as I'm already away quite a bit.

"I can't ever sleep on planes ... call it irrational if you like, but I'm
 afraid I'll miss my stop" -- Vivek Das Mohapatra