Re: Tor hidden service for debian-security seems to be down

On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 11:01 AM, Jonathan Femideer wrote:

> According to
> https://blog.torproject.org/debian-and-tor-services-available-onion-services
> , security.debian.org should be available via a hidden service at
> http://sgvtcaew4bxjd7ln.onion .
>
> That onion address times out for me, even though security.debian.org is
> accessible.

I saw the timeout yesterday after reading your mail, but it works now.

security.debian.org is backed by a number of different machines and
the onion service is backed by those same machines via onionbalance.
One of the machines was recently down (restarted yesterday). During
the outage it was removed from security.d.o but I guess not from the
onion service. I guess this could have been the cause of this issue,
but I would have thought that onionbalance would have prevented down
machines from affecting the service.

> Is the outage already known and has it been reported somewhere? (Is there a
> status dashboard for Debian domains/services?)

https://nagios.debian.org/

Guest login is listed here:

https://dsa.debian.org/

> Please CC me if you reply.