Re: trouble searching for a package from its content

在 2018年1月23日星期二 CST 上午12:29:27,Patrice Duroux 写道:
> Dear Debian team,
>
> I was searching for the package having '/usr/include/xlocale.h' and both
> https://packages.debian.org/sid/amd64/libc6-dev/filelist
> and
> https://packages.debian.org/search?searchon=contents&keywords=xlocale.h&mode
> =path&suite=unstable&arch=amd64
>
> give me to libc6-dev.
>
> Running 'dpkg-deb -c libc6-dev_2.26-4_amd64.deb' with the binary obtain at
> https://packages.debian.org/sid/amd64/libc6-dev/download
> I don't see this file in it and neither on my local sid (also searching
> directly in /var/lib/dpkg/info/*.list).
> Am I doing wrong to search for? What can I do?

Hi,

File listing function in packages.debian.org is known to be broken for many
years. The problem is reported as Debian Bug #875433. Unfortunately no one is
trying to fix it currently.

Regards,
Boyuan Yang