Questions prompted by {Re: (no) link to release notes for testing/stretch}

On 05/18/2017 09:51 PM, Paul Wise wrote:
On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 7:00 AM, Selim T. Erdoğan wrote:

It would be very helpful for
https://www.debian.org/releases/testing/
to have a link to
https://www.debian.org/releases/testing/releasenotes
and for

The template for in-progress releases includes a commented-out
paragraph with a link to the release notes:

# Please also <a href="https://bugs.debian.org/release-notes";>check the
# proposed additions to the release notes</a>.</p>

I've changed the wording a little and enabled it for when suites are testing:

https://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/webwml/webwml/english/releases/stretch/index.wml?view=log

This will be online in a few hours.

https://www.debian.org/releases/stretch/
to have a link to
https://www.debian.org/releases/stretch/releasenotes

This happens automatically when a new stable release is made but my
above changes are to the stretch page.

This is the first time I've had reason to use a release still designated as "testing". [In the past I've had bandwidth constraints limiting me to purchased DVD sets.]

1. At _this point_ in the release cycle is there reason to prefer URLs specifying "stretch" over ones with "testing"?

2. Is there a document (or blog or ??) targeted at someone using a "testing" release for the first time. My interest relates to the move from MySQL to Mariadb - I've already been pointed to links to the fine details of the change. I'm asking if there something with a broad perspective on dealing with any testing release.

TIA