Packages.debian.org web interface needs some lovin'

Dear debian-www members,

Some major problems about packages.debian.org popped up recently, including
Bug #883946 [1], which had some great impact on user experiences. Bugs about
packages.debian.org also accumulated [3] and need fixing.

I tried to make some bug fixes into packages.d.o codebase for #841435 and
#756397 [2] yet we still need someone who have access to machines put codes
onto production server. Meanwhile I still have no idea about #883946.

The structure of git repository is not optimal too. We have three major
branches: master, debian-master and ubuntu-master. Branch master is acting as
the vendoring branch, which adds to the maintenance burden of codebase.
Perhaps we could completely merge master and debian-master together now since
packages.debian.net has disappeared long ago.

Generally speaking, packages.debian.org is in lack of interest of maintenance.
I'm writing this mail to raise your attention to this piece of services and
hopefully someone is willing to look into it and fix existing usability
problems.

Regards,
Boyuan Yang

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/883946