Re: Cryptic website (scares away potential users)

On Sat, Oct 28, 2017 at 08:19:30PM +0200, Pfannenstein Erik wrote:
that's not as illogical as it sounds, "amd64" has its name simply because it
was invented by AMD. Intel had its own 64-bit implementation ("Itanium"), too,
but it was so unsuccessful that they took the one from AMD.

Although we are one of the few Linux distributions to adopt the amd64
name, and confusingly other ones call it x86_64, as does the kernel,
even in Debian. So I think it's perfectly reasonable for someone to be
confused.

--

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Jonathan Dowland