Re: changelog is confusing me

在 2017年11月19日星期日 CST 下午9:07:20,Mark Buda 写道:
> I'm looking at https://packages.debian.org/buster/isc-dhcp-client and I see
> that there was a binary NMU - 4.5.3-3+b1 - but when I click on the "Debian
> Changelog" link on the right-hand side under "Debian Resources", it takes
> me to the changelog for 4.5.3-3, not 4.5.3-3+b1, which is what I was
> expecting.

That difference is expected. BinNMU changelogs are not merged together with
source changelogs, meant for development purposes only, often different across
different architectures and not provided on ftp-master.metadata.debian.org.
Most users don't really need them.

That being said, I'm not sure how to convince users that binNMU revisions
could normally be ignored when reading changelogs. Any ideas are welcome.

> I'm not sure if this is expected behavior or not, but the people who can
> fix it if it isn't aren't going to unless somebody tells them about it, so
> here ya go.

Thanks,
Boyuan Yang