[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Bug#881305: marked as done (wiki.debian.org: Wiki page for Spotify lists libssl1.0.0 in the Stretch section but not available in Stretch)



Your message dated Fri, 10 Nov 2017 09:08:37 +0800
with message-id <1510276117.1963.6.camel@debian.org>
and subject line Re: wiki.debian.org: Wiki page for Spotify lists libssl1.0.0 in the Stretch section but not available in Stretch
has caused the Debian Bug report #881305,
regarding wiki.debian.org: Wiki page for Spotify lists libssl1.0.0 in the Stretch section but not available in Stretch
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact owner@bugs.debian.org
immediately.)


-- 
881305: https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=881305
Debian Bug Tracking System
Contact owner@bugs.debian.org with problems
--- Begin Message ---
Package: wiki.debian.org
Severity: normal

Dear Maintainer,

On the wiki page for Spotify (https://wiki.debian.org/spotify), in the section for Debian Stretch, it says to download the libssl1.0.0 package, which is an issue because 1) It provides a Jessie link and 2) That package is not available in Stretch.


-- System Information:
Debian Release: buster/sid
  APT prefers unstable
  APT policy: (500, 'unstable')
Architecture: amd64 (x86_64)
Foreign Architectures: i386

Kernel: Linux 4.13.0-1-amd64 (SMP w/4 CPU cores)
Locale: LANG=en_CA.UTF-8, LC_CTYPE=en_CA.UTF-8 (charmap=UTF-8), LANGUAGE=en_CA:en (charmap=UTF-8)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/dash
Init: systemd (via /run/systemd/system)

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
On Thu, 09 Nov 2017 17:16:55 -0500 annadane wrote:

> On the wiki page for Spotify (https://wiki.debian.org/spotify), in
> the section for Debian Stretch, it says to download the libssl1.0.0
> package, which is an issue because 1) It provides a Jessie link and
> 2) That package is not available in Stretch.

I believe this is because the Spotify client has not been ported to
newer versions of libssl, so you have to pull libssl1.0.0 from Debian
jessie to be able to run Spotify on Debian stretch. As you can see at
the URLs below, both of the Spotify packages Depend on libssl1.0.0.

http://repository-origin.spotify.com/dists/testing/non-free/binary-amd64/Packages
http://repository-origin.spotify.com/dists/stable/non-free/binary-amd64/Packages

If you would like to update the wording to be more optimal, please
register an account and edit the page. While you are doing that, please
replace manually installing the package with adding Debian jessie to
your sources.list so that apt will auto-install the right libssl.

-- 
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: This is a digitally signed message part


--- End Message ---

Reply to: