Re: Bittorent Download Errors - Debian 9.2.1

On Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 02:00:46PM -0700, Stan Lubiak wrote:
>Those were the only errors reported. I downloaded 9.2.0 after I got the 9.2.1
>errors. Vuse+/BitDefender did not report any errors with that download. I have
>not yet performed an install, only a download.

Then I'm stumped as to what on earth it's complaining about. :-/

>FYI, The following is from the Vuse+ website:
>
>  • Every hour of every day, BitDefender updates its virus database with the
>    latest protection against viruses, scams and malware. Then every time you
>    download a new file with Vuze Plus, its built-in BitDefender protection
>    first checks to make sure it has downloaded new definitions within the last
>    four hours.
>  • "Unable to scan" - there are a number of reasons that a file may fail to
>    scan. Usually it is related to having moved a file from its default
>    download location while it is still in your Vuze Library. Vuze can no
>    longer locate the file, so it cannot scan it for malware.
>
>I did not do anything differently for the 9.2.0 vs 9.2.1 downloads, & did not
>move, modify, or perform any other actions on the downloaded files. Plus, the
>two .tar files are contained within the .iso.

What do you mean by that last sentence, exactly? The only places those
files might be showing up are inside the file
python-wstools_0.4.3-3_all.deb. It might be instructive to just scan
that one file, if you can work out how to do that.

Oh, hmmm... Silly question - is the cause something as silly as you
running out of disk space, or filesystem corruption on your machine?

"I've only once written 'SQL is my bitch' in a comment. But that code
 is in use on a military site..." -- Simon Booth