Re: volunteers for reading books@debian.org (and maintain the page www.debian.org/doc/books)?

Hello

El 20 de agosto de 2017 19:41:22 CEST, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> escribió:
>On Wed, Aug 16, 2017 at 6:37 AM, Laura Arjona Reina wrote:
>
>> but I think the mails people send to books@debian.org do not arrive
>any
>> person, currently:
>
>Looks like the default is for the WEBMASTER field from the .mailfilter
>file.
>
>> I think we should add some address in BOOKS=""
>
>I wonder if it would be better to migrate all the places that
>reference it to mailto: links that submit bug reports against
>www.debian.org. The mailto link could include all the usual bug
>metadata, including usertags and a message saying that the mail will
>be public.

I think it's a good idea.

We would need to add somebody in any case, because not everybody will use the "prepared" mailto link (e.g. I can just see that mail address, then open my mail client and write a "normal" message).

We can add debian-www@lists.debian.org and leave a note in the webpage /docs/books that the mail will arrive public archives (debian-www and the bts).

I'll wait for some more time to see if anybody has objections of books@d.o being "processed in the open".

>PS: I note that MERCHANDISE and PREINSTALLVENDORS are in a similar
>situation.

Mmm similar opinion. I've never done processing of those requests either, so I'm not sure if it's totally ok than their mails go through the public mailing list.

Cheers

Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona