Re: Unable to update translation pages with http links

Hello

El 15/08/17 a las 19:49, Baptiste Jammet escribió:
> Hello,
>
> I'm curretly unable to update the french translation for
> releases/jessie/errata.wml because it contains some http:// link and
> the server is refusing my commit.
> But the original page contains the same non-SSL links.
>
> I know that
>> The CVS repository will reject commits containing plain HTTP links
> (https://www.debian.org/devel/website/using_cvs.en.html)
> but I don't understand how english and other languages sucessfully
> update this web page ?

I see that CVS pre-commit is complaining about this URL:

http://security\.debian\.org

This is because my recent commit in the scripts used by CVS "pre-commit checks":

https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debwww/cron.git/commit/scripts/ssl_links?id=9bc03c874587555d6fd47e5b3f1428ce03899dfa

I have removed "debian.org" and "security.debian.org" from that list, and
checked that CVS now allow commits in the errata.wml page.

So, Baptiste, your problem should be solved, now.

For the website team: the commit I referenced was an update of the list using
the script that is reccomended to use, the  dsa_ssl_sites script. Maybe we need
to adapt that script to the current situation to avoid issues when committing.
If it's the opposite, and we should move all the "security.debian.org"
references (even the ones in apt sources lines) to https, just tell.

I'll open a bug anyway about reviewing the dsa_ssl_sites and ssl_links scripts
because I had to manually ammend the list to be able to commit files including
https://debconf17.debconf.org and I guess I'll face the same issue when
https://debconf18.debconf.org begins to exist.

Cheers

--