Re: Release info is not really correct

El 27/06/17 a las 23:03, Holger Wansing escribió:
> Hi all,
>
> I noticed that release information at
> https://www.debian.org/releases/index.en.html
> has some glitch:
>

> Quote:
>
> "The current "stable" distribution of Debian is version 9, codenamed stretch.
> It was initially released as version 9 on June 17th, 2017 and its latest update,
> version 9.0, was released on June 17th, 2017. "
>

> The logic for above paragraph is not working correctly, when the current
> release is 9.0 (say no point release has happen).
> Today with 9.0 being the actual release version, it should display:
>
> "The current "stable" distribution of Debian is version 9, codenamed stretch.
> It was released on June 17th, 2017. "
>

> It seems that the implemented logic has never worked correctly (for the time
> between x.0 and x.1 release).
> I have attached a patch which would work.
>
> Another approach would need one more entity which is probably not wanted,
> since it makes the whole thing more and more complicated (entity-wise).
>
> I can commit my proposal myself, if you want...

mmm maybe what is wrong is to set <current_initial_release> to 9, and
it should be 9.0?

I've seen that for the Squeeze cycle we were using 7.0 for
"current_initial_release", and when we released Jessie, we changed to
8 instead of 8.0:

https://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/webwml/webwml/english/template/debian/release_info.wml?r1=1.75&r2=1.76

But I don't know if that change was intentional, to avoid other
problems, or just a small mistake, that I inherited when applied the
changes for the Stretch release...

Regards
--
Laura Arjona Reina