Re: Installation guide is not updated in some languages

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 11:06 PM, Samuel Thibault wrote:

> AFAICT, the notable difference is that files are named e.g. .html.en on
> the website, while they are named .html in the package. These names make
> sense in their respective contexts: we need a .html extension in the
> package so that it opens automatically, and we need the .en extension on
> the website to get language negociation.  Perhaps one can use .en.html
> on the website?

The files for the main part of the website use .en.html:

https://www.debian.org/index.en.html

I think the website mainly uses index.en.html for language
negotiation, I logged into our static mirrors and the only area that
uses index.html.en are the release notes in
www.d.o/releases/*/*/*.html.* and an April Fools page from a while
back.

https://www.debian.org/misc/canterbury

> (and it's not only a question of file renaming, links in the .html files
> need to be updated accordingly).

That would be the main issue.

--
bye,