Re: About Website.

On Sun, Jun 11, 2017 at 2:56 PM, Smit Patil wrote:

> I wish to download a simple latest Debian CLI(without GUI) version.
> I find so many options that i cant chose which version i am looking for.
> Could please make it simple for download for an average guy like me.

Please try the "Download Debian 8.8 (64-bit PC Network installer)"
link from the front page of the Debian website. During the install
there will be an option about what to install, you will need to
disable installing the desktop. Even if you install the desktop, then
the CLI will still be available, just press Ctrl+Alt+F2 for the CLI
login or Ctrl+Alt+F1 for the GUI login.

https://www.debian.org/

Also, we are going to release Debian 9 on 2017-06-17 (less than a week
away), so you may want to wait until after the release so you can
avoid having to upgrade from 8 to 9. Alternatively you can install
release candidate 4 of Debian 9 using this ISO Image and after the
release do a small easy upgrade:

https://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/stretch_di_rc4/amd64/iso-cd/debian-stretch-DI-rc4-amd64-netinst.iso

--
bye,