Re: FYI: Site FAILURE at https://www.debian.org/distrib/packages

On Sun, 21 May 2017 14:48:32 -0500,
Richard Owlett<rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:

>I was looking for man page for "apt-get"
>
>I went to https://www.debian.org/distrib/packages
>Entered "apt-get" in search box.
>On multiple tries I was sent to
>https://packages.debian.org/search?suite=stable&section=all&arch=any&searchon=names&keywords=apt-get
>
>The result was always
><begin quote>
>You have searched for packages that names contain apt-get in suite(s)
>stable, all sections, and all architectures.
>
>Sorry, your search gave no results
><end quote>
>
>About 4 or 5 hours ago I had no problem with that man page.
>
>I can reach other sites containing desired content.
>Any thing else I can do?

If you search on
www.debian.org/distrib/packages

you search for packages with that exact name, and there isn't any
package named apt-get - the package containing apt-get is called apt:

https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=apt&searchon=names&suite=stable&section=all

But I guess you previously might have searched in

http://manpages.debian.org

where you can find the manpage for apt-get if you enter apt-get to the
text field.

-- Andreas Rönnquist
mailinglists@gusnan.se
gusnan@openmailbox.org