Re: Suggestions to update the https://www.debian.org/CD/ page

On Sun, Mar 19, 2017 at 10:13 AM, Matt Weeks wrote:

> The https://www.debian.org/CD/ page seems a bit outdated.
> Is there someone here who can update it?

In case you would like to do that, you can edit the source and report
a bug with attached patch to the wwww.debian.org pseudo-package.

https://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/webwml/webwml/english/CD/
https://www.debian.org/devel/website/
https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting

> Speaking of that, the automatic mirror selector has been working for over a
> year now, so perhaps we should drop the “experimental” label and make it the
> default as well.

The Debian CD mirror selector is still experimental because it is
unofficial (all debian.net domains are unofficial) because it isn't
run using software available in Debian by Debian members on hardware
run by Debian sysadmins and donated/lent to or purchased by Debian.
IIRC from discussion with the maintainer of it, they don't have any
plans to do packaging of the software yet. If you would like to help
with that, please check out this page and the website for the
software:

https://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers
http://mirrorbrain.org/

--