Re: https://manpages.debian.org/ - PARTIAL breakage

On 02/23/2017 09:57 PM, Paul Wise wrote:
On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 11:36 PM, Richard Owlett wrote:

I just went to https://manpages.debian.org/ and entered chroot in the search
box.

This isn't the right mailing list to discuss problems with that site:

https://manpages.debian.org/about.html
https://wiki.debian.org/manpages.debian.org

I've forwarded a link to the team on IRC, they may reply to this mail later.

It sent me to
https://manpages.debian.org/jessie/manpages-es-extra/chroot.1.es.html .

But I don't speak Spanish.

Sounds like a bug or bad data in the redirector. You might want to
collect HTTP headers and send them to the team.

I'm using SeaMonkey 2.46 from http://www.seamonkey-project.org/ on Debian Jessie with MATE DE. Can you point me to instructions for acquiring the desired information _without_ using addons/extensions?

Following the structural example of that URL I attempted to go to
https://manpages.debian.org/jessie/chroot/chroot.8.en.html .

That is the wrong URL, since there is no package called chroot.
This is the correct URL, since the chroot manual is in coreutils:

https://manpages.debian.org/jessie/coreutils/chroot.8.en.html

I noticed that the Spanish manual page does link to the right page.

That sent me to
https://dyn.manpages.debian.org/jessie/chroot/chroot.8.en.html?
and suggested I wanted the Spanish page.

Sounds like the coreutils chroot(8) English manual page isn't properly
registered in the manual page database.