Re: Help - wiki access forbidden

Hi James

El 30 de noviembre de 2016 20:42:14 CET, James Kerti <james@jameskerti.com> escribió:
>Hi,
>
>First, I just wanted to say I recently switched to debian from Ubuntu
>and I am loving it so far. Thanks for everything you do for the
>community.

Thanks for choosing Debian!

>I use AirVPN and I've noticed when I try to access any page at
>wiki.debian.org, I receive a message that says:
>
>Forbidden

>It's been reported by other AirVPN users
>[here](https://airvpn.org/topic/12871-debian-wiki/),
>[here](https://airvpn.org/topic/17379-wikidebiandotorg/), and
>[here](https://airvpn.org/topic/14069-wikidebianorg-%E2%80%93-forbidden/).
>
>I understand there was probably a good reason for blocking the VPN.
>
>Is there some way this issue could be revisited though?

It's probably blocked due to spammers (unfortunately, our wiki system currently does not allow block only editions).

Please contact wiki@debian.org with the details of your IP (range?) and maybe they can consider unblocking.

>It would be hugely helpful to me and other users to not have to turn
>our VPNs off to access the wiki, especially considering many of us use
>debian and VPNs for the same reason.

I've read in the links you posted that through Tor it was possible to reach our wiki. (I'm not sure I understood those comments well, though, and maybe that's unconvenient for you, no idea, but in the meanwhile, maybe it suits your needs...)

Best regards
Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona