Re: Let's stop using CVS for debian.org website

On Wed, Nov 23, 2016 at 08:28:22PM +0100, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
> Quoting Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu>:
> >I can ensure that ~260MiB is quite much for my Vietnamese friend Minh
> >who just started with the translations.
>
> I wonder whether we should keep the complete history of the Debian web
> in git. Who needs this? Why not cut it at some point, maybe with a year
> of overlap between CSV and git, e.g. having >= 2016-01-01 in Git.

While I certainly have no say about it (well, some of my commits are
dating before 2006 would vanish :-) ) I'd call this a sensible approach.
On the other hand I'm not sure whether this would cut the size by an
order of magnitude or simply by only 10-20%.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de