Re: Packages.gz priority different from package priority

On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 10:20:27PM +0200, Roland Lezuo wrote:
> While playing with a jessie amd64 mirror I observed some discrepancy
> with debootstrap. When using the official mirror the package nfacct
> ends up installed, while it is missing when bootstrapping from a local
> mirror.
>
> While the package has priority: extra [1] it is listed with priority:
> important in current Package.gz [2] for jessie/amd64 (and thus gets
> installed by debootstrap, I guess). The checksum in Package.gz is
> correct [3].

Yes.  Priority and Section fields are routinely overridden by the
archive administrators, and not necessarily updated in packages to
match.  If you want to build your own Packages files that match the
primary archive's behaviour, then you need to fetch the appropriate
override files from the "indices" directory and use those.