Re: antiX (Debian based distro) is missing on https://www.debian.org/misc/children-distros.html

On Sat, Feb 20, 2016 at 2:14 AM, Holger Wansing wrote:

> https://www.debian.org/misc/children-distros.html has not received much
> changings in the last years, so it could probably be seen as orphaned.

The plan was to eventually delete the page and create a new
www.d.o/derivatives page similar to www.d.o/blends, with clear
criteria for being listed, instructions for creating derivatives etc
etc. Adrian has given a good instructions to me about this at
DebConf15 and Laura was going to help implement them but nothing
happened yet.

> Maybe you could add info on antiX to the Debian Wiki under
> https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census

Please do not just blindly add derivatives to the census, instead,
invite people from the derivative to join the census themselves. If
derivatives don't have the impetus to join the derivatives census we
should not force them to do so.

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/CensusQA#invite

> debian-www: maybe we should add a hint on
> ../misc/children-distros.html linking to that Wiki page, as some kind of
> a successor or backup page?

No, the two pages have two different purposes and should stay separate.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise