Re: Changing language on the Debian site is too cumbersome

On Fri, Dec 23, 2016 at 10:15 AM, Leo R. Lundgren wrote:

> When visiting the www.debian.org site, if you want to change the language of the contents, you are currently expected to do so using the web browser's settings. I think this is very cumbersome and bad UX.

I'm not able to find any addons to fix the bad browser UX.

If you can think of a technical solution that would work with our
current setup, that would be great. Our current setup is static HTML
with no JavaScript distributed to multiple machines running the Apache
web server, currently configured like this:

https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/mirror/dsa-puppet.git/tree/modules/roles/templates/apache-www.debian.org.erb

> the Debian site is just messier to read in my native language than it is to read it in English

You might want to help out with translations to fix that.

https://www.debian.org/international/

--
bye,
pabs