Re: How To Spread Open Source

On 11/24/2016 9:28 PM, Paul Wise wrote:
On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 11:59 PM, Richard Owlett wrote:

I wish I'd known of that link. I suspect it will answer questions I didn't
know just how to ask. My I suggest it appear under the "Documentation"
heading on https://www.debian.org, or at least on https://www.debian.org/doc/ ?

It isn't documentation, it is just a web front-end to `apt-get source`.

It is linked from every PTS/tracker page:

https://packages.qa.debian.org/l/linux.html
https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/linux

One place to add it would be the packages site:

https://packages.debian.org/source/unstable/linux

I've filed bugs #845600/#845601 about adding it and codesearch there.

I don't see that addressing the audience I have in mind.
That of computer _user_ rather than software creator or maintainer.
I'm beginning to suspect that what I'm looking for is not as tied to https://packages.debian.org/source as I thought. I've followed some links there that led me to unexpected places.

I will do more browsing in order to come up with a better question.
Thank you.