Re: how to install previous releases

On Thu, 2016-08-04 at 07:05 +0800, Wen Hao Wang wrote:

> Thanks for the links. But I notice the 'complete' ISOs for 8.3 and
> 7.10, for instance, debian-8.3.0-amd64-DVD-1.iso  or debian-7.10.0-
> amd64-DVD-1.iso  are missing from http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/a
> rchive/. They are what I need. Where they permanently removed? Or I
> still have a chance to access them?

According to the archive page, only jigdo files are available:

> By default, for each release here we keep all the images in jigdo
> format to save on space and download times. We also often keep the
> ISO images for the last release of each series.

The jigdo process allows you to reconstruct the ISO images from the
Debian binary packages, instructions and .jigdo files here:

https://www.debian.org/CD/jigdo-cd/
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/archive/8.3.0/amd64/jigdo-dvd/
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/archive/7.10.0/amd64/jigdo-dvd/

I'm not sure, but you may need to use snapshot to do so:

http://snapshot.debian.org/

What is the purpose of using old ISOs though?

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise