Re: Account creation on https://wiki.debian.org/

On Wed, Aug 03, 2016 at 11:03:37AM +0000, lol@debian-fr.xyz wrote:
>Hello list!
>
>I write here because of a registration problem on the Wiki.
>
>I tried three or four times to register on the Wiki, without success (I was redirected every time
>to home page, without more information). I tried with two Internet browser.
>
>In my last attempt I got this message:
>"Account creation failed: Error 801: please Contact debian-www@lists.debian.org for help if this
>continued."
>Now I'm banned... The Wiki is sensitive! ;-)
>Forbidden
><P> You are not allowed to access this! </ P>
>
>Thank you to tell me the way to get unban and to obtain my account
>demand is accepted/activated.

I've just whitelisted your email address and removed the block on your
IP address - if you try to register again things should work now.

As a word of advice, using one of the new gTLDs (.xyz) and expecting
it to work well for email is naive. The vast majority of domains
registered in that space are used by spammers, and many online forums
and wikis will block you immediately.

--
Steve McIntyre                                        93sam@debian.org
Debian wiki admin - wiki.debian.org