Need help on libav and FFMPEG.

Hello Sir,

       I am Ujjual US from India.I am working as a Php developer in Srishti Innovative Computer Systems at Technopark near Trivandrum,Kerala,India.
I am currently working on a server side video conversion in which the Sever is running on a Debian Operating System.I have tried and failed converting .mov file to .mp4 (other formats are working) file using FFMpeg codec  which is installed on the server.Many blogs and google says that Debian has shifted to " libav " so our server admin installed libav on server and i still have the same video conversion issue.Please help me to find the solution for converting (.mov ) to (.mp4) in Debian server. I am hopefully waiting for your reply.

Thanking You,

Ujjual.US