is alioth.debian.org accepting new user registrations?

Hello,

I hope this is the correct address for questions about alioth; there is no contact information supplied on https://alioth.debian.org.

I've tried to register a new account at https://alioth.debian.org. I submitted the form, and was told a verification was sent to my email. I clicked the link I recieved, then click "Login" on that page (https://alioth.debian.org/verify.php?confirm_hash=xxx), and I get a message: "Exiting with error" followed by "Could Not Get User".

I wanted to register so I could submit new programs to the Benchmarks Game (https://benchmarksgame.alioth.debian.org).

Is this a known bug in the software, or have I done something improperly?

Thanks

~cat