www.debian.org/intro and subpages

Dear all

I've had a look at www.debian.org/intro/index and the other pages
under english/intro

It seems that the goal of intro/index was to list subpages in that
folder instead of the directory listing.

I've added a link to the diversity statement in intro/index
Same for the "how can you help Debian" subpage

I've noticed:
* That there are two other subpages that are not linked in
intro/index, but there are (commented) lines about them in the file:

^That file states "<P><STRONG>******This document is under
development*******</STRONG>" but has no commits since 2004. I propose
to remove the file (and its translations), since it does not cover the
new licenses, and probably the most important aspects are covered in
https://www.debian.org/intro/free

^ I don't know why this file exists but is not showed; if it's because
it relates to very old stuff, I can try to summarize the old stuff and
add links to the last news about cooperation Debian <-> FSF (I would
review the last DebConfs related talks) and then republish the file
and link to it in intro/index

OTOH, intro/index itself is not linked in any place, I think. I
thought about changing the link in frontpage where it says "Read
more..." to link to /intro/index instead of /intro/about

/intro/index has 3189 visits and includes a link to "about"
/intro/about has 50111 visits (it's linked directly in the homepage)

Another option could be to ensure that some pages that are currently
linked in intro/index (search and cn) are a linked in other pages too,
 and then make intro/index display or redirect to intro/about (most of
the subpages of intro are linked covered in intro/about too, except
search, cn, diversity (could be fixed), cooperation (could be added)
and licenses_disc (which I still propose to remove it)).

Opinions?

- --
Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona