Re: Debian ChangeLog 404

Hi Torsten,

On 16/10/2015, Torsten Klein <klein@jam-software.com> wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> thank you very much for your answer.
> Of course I am able to write in English too. Sorry for this mistake.
>
> Yes you're right. I meant the changelog. Usually I check the changes before
> updating productive systems.

I have never maintained a production system, but I can understand that
you want the system to be as stable as possible.

> It seemed like there is a general problem with the link because since a few
> months I could not get the changelogs for updated packages.

Indeed, if it exists for a few months, it should a bug instead of a
temporary failure.

> Nevertheless thank you very much for your fast answer.

I think as a quick work around, there is 2 ways to view the changelog.

1. Download <http://security.debian.org/debian-security/pool/updates/main/l/linux/linux_3.2.68-1+deb7u5.debian.tar.xz>
and read the debian/changelog file inside.

2. Browse the wheezy branch of the git repository
<https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/kernel/linux.git>.

Cheers,
Alex