Re: Leave Out : Re: Fishing Enthusiasts List, Mailing list spam , what to do about it ?

On 2015-12-15 15:22, Kåre Thor Olsen wrote:
On Tue, 15 Dec 2015 14:27:46 -0600
limpia@openmailbox.org wrote:

Is there not some way to keep these spammers off the Debian mailing
list ?

The Debian Listmasters have spam filters in place, but they don't stop
everything.  See: https://www.debian.org/MailingLists/#ads

  Are they also getting access to our e-mail addresses ?

Not to the list of subscribers, if that's what you meant, but if you
post to the list you also run the risk of getting the spammers'
attention...

Or is it just part of the mailing list, I am confused, when I joined
the "debian-www" lists.debian.org,
[...]

It is part of most publicly available mailing lists anywhere, I'm
afraid.

  I am not interested in, nor have any desire to be receiving this
kind of junk. There has been several the last few days, this is the
first time I have said anything. I am not sure if there is a better
method to report these, but if there is, please let me know.

You can help out by marking spam; please don't forget to add yourself to
a month once you've marked all remaining spam - see:

https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Webmaster/SpamClean

You can also go directly to the mailing list interface (but then the
other reporters can't keep track of whether a month already has
received five reports for each spam mail):

https://lists.debian.org/debian-www/

  If this is a normal, and the kind of junk that the mailing list is
used for, then please remove me,

If you want to unsubscribe, please see this page for instructions: