Adobe Flash

I hope you can send this to the appropriate person for me.
It appears that Adobe will not be producing updayes to Linux flash player in the future. I have found that videos on the BBC and ABC us a format that cannot be played.
I get a notice that I need to update Adobe flashplayer.
I find I can use Windows 7 to watch them, but I have to dig out an old laptop.

Is there a new or existing program to do the job or a new one in the works ?

Thanks for all the developers efforts.

Barry White