Re: wiki.d.o interwikis

On Sun, Oct 11, 2015 at 10:55 PM, Yongmin Hong wrote:

> Browsing around the wiki, I found "WikiPedia" interwiki goes to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/blah_blah, however Wikipedia always redirects your link to HTTPS unless you're in China or such (see [1]). Therefore there is no merit if you link it to http: you will be redirected to https anyway.

Thanks for the suggestion, I've added an override to our InterWikiMap:

https://wiki.debian.org/InterWikiMap?action=diff&rev1=32&rev2=33

> IIRC MoinMoin's interwiki map is something of a file and that needs to be edited;  Since this is not a high priority (you don't get dead link) please remember to modify this when you modify interwiki map next time.

We generally don't modify the intermap.txt file at all for the Debian wiki.

I would suggest you contact moin upstream and go through their
intermap.txt file to make sure that every site that supports https
uses https in the intermap.txt file.

--
bye,
pabs