Re: Sell CD/DVD +USB?

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 4:56 PM, Alexandre Delanoë wrote:

> In the short term we could add all of them but what about the long
> term ? Maybe the question will not rise up. So we could ignore such
> question.

I think by the time that is an issue, CD/DVD and maybe USB will be
obsolete and have no more vendors.

> Another issue deals with the rules to accept new supports: what kind
> of supports are accepted ? Suppose a new company wants to promote
> a new media. Let's call it "YYY media", if they ask to add it on
> the list, what are the rules to accept it ? Maybe it is a premature
> question.

It seems reasonable to add new media that is used for boot media for
devices that can boot d-i, I don't see any need to mention media that
can't be booted from (can SD/uSD cards be booted?).

I doubt the Debian media vendors page would ever be considered
important enough for a new media standard to use it for promotion :)

> So, according to your message I can add the BD media support as an
> option, right ? If yes, I will do it in the next patch (I have already
> done one for USB).

I think so yes.

--
bye,